To get to the Patient Access website, please click the link below:
About Patient Access & how to sign up
Patient Access (also known as GP Online Services or EMIS Access) allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
There are TWO different levels of access for Patient Access.
1. Regular access
Regular access allows you to:
- book or cancel appointments
- renew or order repeat prescriptions
- view allergy information
- update your contact details
- send messages to Northgate Village Surgery
- share your level of access through a secure link. Please be aware that the link expires.
To sign up for the FIRST level of access for Patient Access please follow these steps:
- Bring TWO forms of personal identification to the Reception desk. We require ONE photo ID (i.e. passport or driving licence) and ONE official confirmation of your address (i.e. bank statement).
- Ask to be signed up for GP Online Services.
- The Receptionist will then check your ID and issue your Access information.
Once you have been given your Access information, please click HERE to go to the Patient Access website, or alternatively click one of the links below.
When you first sign in you will be asked to set Security Questions and a secure Password. Please make sure to keep these safe.
2. Full access to your medical records
In addition to regular access services, full access allows you to:
- View test results
- View hospital letters
- View your immunisation history
- View a list of your medical problems
- View your consultations with a clinician at Northgate Village Surgery.
To sign up for the SECOND level of access for Patient Access you MUST already have regular access first. Once you have regular access please follow these steps:
- Ask for the 'Consent to use Patient Access Medical Records online' form at the Reception desk. You can also print out the questionnaire HERE.
- Complete the questionnaire and return it with TWO forms of personal identification. We require ONE photo ID (i.e. passport or driving licence) and ONE official confirmation of your address (i.e. bank statement).
- Your questionnaire will then be passed to your usual GP. Acceptance for full access to your medical records is at the doctor's discretion.
- Once you have been accepted for this service you will receive a confirmation email.
You can then access your medical records through the links below.
The Surgery has the right to refuse or remove online access for anyone that does not use the service responsibly.
For more information, please visit www.patient.info/patient-access.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE CURRENTLY UNABLE TO OFFER GP ONLINE ACCESS TO PATIENTS UNDER THE AGE OF 16