Referral for Exercise
If you have a health issue that makes exercising difficult, then you may be eligible to join the free NHS Exercise Programme by referral from your GP or hospital consultant.
The programme is aimed at anyone aged 18 years and over, who may be effected by health problems which could be improved by leading a healthier lifestyle through exercise.
The initial programme lasts 12 weeks with a wide range of supported activities designed to help you exercise safely.
The programme itself begins with a one-to-one chat with one of Cheshire Change Hub's friendly advisors. They’ll talk through any health issues that you may have. A 12-week programme will then be personally designed for you around the condition(s) you have.
Are you eligible?
You may be eligible for free support if all of the following apply:
- If you are a resident or registered with a GP within Cheshire West & Cheshire
- If you are aged 18 years and over
- If you have one or more of the following conditions
◦ BMI of 30 or more
◦ Cardiac failure
◦ Chronic arthritis
◦ Chronic back pain
◦ Chronic neurological confition
◦ Chronic Obstructive pulmonary disease
◦ Diabestes Types 1 or 2
◦ Established osteoporosis
◦ Familial Hypercholesterolaemia
◦ Mental health problems, such as depression
◦ Peripheral vascular disease
◦ Persistent of postoperative musculoskeletal injury
◦ Previous myocardial infraction
◦ Transient Ischaemic Pulmonary
How do I access this?
If you fall into the eligibility criteria above, then your GP or Nurse can refer you to the Cheshire Change Hub.
Cheshire Change Hub is provided by Brio Leisure (Northgate Arena). For more information please visit www.cheshirechangehub.org or phone 0300 777 0033.
They also offer stop smoking help and advice.
Reduced gym memberships for people aged 75+
If you are aged 75+ and live in the Cheshire West and Chester area then you are eligible for a reduced price gym membership with Brio Leisure (Northgate Arena).
- Casual swimming
- Access to all fitness classes during off-peak times
- Use of the gym
- Sauna, steam room and jacuzzi
- Racquet sports
To find out more visit your local Brio Leisure. The closet Brio Leisure to the Practice is the Northgate Arena, Victoria Road, Chester, CH2 2AU.